Win a coupon
Your opinion is vital for us to improve our service and further to offer you an excellent China trip. Now, your golden ideas are needed and they may earn you a coupon. Join us for your chance to win a prize!
With your green fingers make an easy but visible difference to the environment along your trip way
China Travel Tips - Pack Advice:
Passports & Visas
- It would be better to prepare two photocopies of your passport identification page, airline tickets and the credit cards. One preserved by your family or friends at home, one brought along and separately placed with the original.
- Email your self the vital information before you go, like details of flights, passport numbers,credit card numbers, insurance information, helplines, embassy information and so on. It would be easy to check the full details that you need in your mail box if you happen to lose the important documents.
- It is better to make sure your passport valid for a further 6 months from your return date.
- It is better to fully detail your next of of kin in your passport.
- It is better to make use of the hotel safe to keep the passport, visa and crucial items to avoid the accidental loss.
- Immediately report to the local police and get a statement and reference number if you find your passport missing or stolen during travel. Consult your nearest consulate office for advice.
- Casual and comfortable clothing
- Shoes that are easy to slip on and off for some Chinese temple visits
- Comfortable, well broken-in walking shoes
- Sunglasses and Sunblock
- Pre-moistened towelettes/ Handkerchiefs
- Antibacterial lotion / Insect repellent
- Practical medications for allergies/aspirin/upset stomach/diarrhea if you are not sure about the Chinese medicines.
- If your take prescription medications, carry your medications in their original, labeled containers and the prescriptions in case of the shortage of the drugs or the emergency. To avoid the problem when passing through the custom, you could consult the embassy or the consulate of China prior to your travel if you are not sure about your destination's drug restrictions.
Put your contacting information like name, address and telephone numbers inside and outside of each piece of luggage while use covered luggage tags to avoid exposure of your identity or nationality. On your luggage tag, use only your first initial instead of your full name. Bring luggage locks to have your luggage secured for each flight transfer as well as when your luggage sits in your hotel room unattended. Precaution may save you bunch of unnecessary troubles in the unfamiliar country.
Please still try to pack light! You always prefer some souvenirs for your later reference. Pack light to leave much room for the adding souvenirs every day without complaining the limited room for your bargain trophies.