Win a coupon

Your opinion is vital for us to improve our service and further to offer you an excellent China trip. Now, your golden ideas are needed and they may earn you a coupon. Join us for your chance to win a prize!

Join us to leave a green world

Leave a green world

With your green fingers make an easy but visible difference to the environment along your trip way

Home > China Travel News

Mobile E-boarding Pass of China Southern Airlines

Published on April 8, 2009 by Irene

Cellphone electronic boarding pass

China Southern Airlines and Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport announced to initiate the Southern Airlines mobile electronic boarding pass in Guangzhou. After the Southern Airlines ticket purchase and online check-in, passengers on the phone will receive a 2-D barcode with which they can pass through the security checkpoints and board the airplane directly at Baiyun Airport instead of lining up to apply for the paper boarding pass.

The mobile electronic boarding pass includes flight data such as a 2-D barcode and passengers' name, flight number, departure gate and seat number, etc. The mobile 2-D barcode can be available via checking in on the Southern Airlines homepage or SMS service. According to the requirement of IATA (International Air Transport Association), by the end of 2009 the mobile 2-D barcode boarding pass service should cover 60% passengers of all airline companies in the world. And one year later, the rest 40% passengers should also be included. Changing with the times, Southern Airlines offers this service on the domestic route between Guangzhou and Zhengzhou (NO.CZ3157), and then gradually expands to all other routes in the ripe time.