Win a coupon
Your opinion is vital for us to improve our service and further to offer you an excellent China trip. Now, your golden ideas are needed and they may earn you a coupon. Join us for your chance to win a prize!
With your green fingers make an easy but visible difference to the environment along your trip way
Datong, a main coal city in North China, boasts its rich Buddhist relics represented by the UNESCO World Heritage Site Yungang Grottos and the mystery Hanging Temple.
- Air quality:★★☆☆☆
- Foreigner-friendly degree: ★★★☆☆
- Public security degree: ★★★☆☆
- Hygienic degree:★★★☆☆
- Traffic jam degree: ★★★☆☆
- Internationalization level: ★★★☆☆
- Consumption level: ★★★☆☆
- Language: Datong dialect, Mandarin
- Best traveling season: Sep. Oct.
- Tourist resources: landscape, historic relics
- Airport to downtown: 20 km
- Demographics: Han (99.4%), Hui (0.4%)
- Key words: coal, dry, grottos, hanging temple, temperature difference
Local Delicacies: Datong Sliced Noodles (Datong Daoxiaomian 大同刀削面), Yellow Cake (Huanggao 黄糕), Oats Noodles (Youmian 莜面), Bean Jelly (Liangfen 凉粉), Spiced Donkey Meat (Wuxiang Lvrou 五香驴肉), Guangling Dried Bean Curd (Guangling Doufugan 广灵豆腐干), Buckwheat Getuo Pinch (Qiaomai Geguo 荞麦圪坨), Instant-boiled Mutton (Shuan Yangrou 涮羊肉), Peas Noodle (Wandoumian 豌豆面), Haggis Soup (Yangza Fentang 羊杂粉汤), Hunyuan Crisp Broad Bean (Hunyuan Sudadou 浑源酥大豆), Yingzhou Sirloin Cake (Yingzhou Niuyao 应州牛腰)
Local Specialities: Hengshan Astragalus Mongholicus (Hengshan Huangqi 恒山黄芪), Datong Artistic Porcelain (Datong Yishuci 大同艺术瓷), Guangling Sunflower Seed (Guangling Kuihuazi 广灵葵花籽), Xiahan Marmite (Xiahan Shaguo 下韩砂锅), Hequ Frozen Water Melon (Hequ Dong Xigua 河曲冻西瓜), Datong Deep-fried Cakes (Datong Youzhagao 大同油炸糕), Maize Peel Weaving (Yumi Pibian 玉米皮编), Yungang Silk Doll (Yungang Juanren 云冈绢人)
- 大同市旅游局 Datong Tourism Administration Service