Win a coupon
Your opinion is vital for us to improve our service and further to offer you an excellent China trip. Now, your golden ideas are needed and they may earn you a coupon. Join us for your chance to win a prize!
With your green fingers make an easy but visible difference to the environment along your trip way
Dunhuang in Gansu province, an important pass on Silk Road, is a cultural gem on the vast sand oasis with the representation of the famous historic Mogao Grottos and its intricate statutes and painting.
- Air quality: ★★★☆☆
- Foreigner-friendly degree: ★★★☆☆
- Public security degree: ★★★☆☆
- Hygienic degree: ★★★☆☆
- Traffic jam degree: ★★☆☆☆
- Internationalization level: ★★☆☆☆
- Consumption level: ★★☆☆☆
- Language: Dunhuang patois, Mandarin
- Best traveling season: May to Oct.
- Tourist resources: historic relics, traditional architectures
- Airport to downtown: 13 km
- Demographics: Han (98.94%), other minority groups (1.06%)
- Key words: Silk Road, Mogao Grottos, Yumen Pass, desert, ancient culture, ancient classics and bibliography, geological park, Dunhuang Murals.
Local Delicacies: Dunhuang Niangpizi (Dunhuang Niangpizi 敦煌酿皮子), Yellow Noodles (Huangmian 黄面), Handwork Saozi Noodle (Shougong Saozimian 手工臊子面), Silk Road Camel Paw (Silu Tuozhang 丝路驼掌), Fried Cake (Zha Yougao 炸油糕).
Local Specialities: Liguang Dried Apricots (Liguang Xinggan 李广杏干), Mingshan Date (Mingshan Dazao 鸣山大枣), Charb Poplar Root Carving (Huyangmu Gendiao 胡杨木根雕), Dunhuang Carpet (Dunhuang Ditan 敦煌地毯), Dunhuang Handicraft Camel (Dunhuang Gongyi Luotuo 敦煌工艺骆驼).
- 敦煌旅游咨询服务 Dunhuang Tourist Information Service
- 敦煌旅游投诉 Dunhuang Tourism Complaints