Win a coupon
Your opinion is vital for us to improve our service and further to offer you an excellent China trip. Now, your golden ideas are needed and they may earn you a coupon. Join us for your chance to win a prize!
With your green fingers make an easy but visible difference to the environment along your trip way
Shanghai, the largest city in China, is considered as "Paris of the Orient". It is a city heavy with unique story to tell with complicated colonial past from the French Concession and soaring nowadays from its height-vying skyscrapers. It's a city full of energy.
Shanghai Tourist Attractions
The Bund Yuyuan Garden Nanjing Road Oriental Pearl TV Tower Shanghai Museum Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Hall Jade Buddha Temple Xintiandi Shanghai Acrobatic Show Shanghai Maglev Train French Concession Temple of the Town Gods Ohel Moshe Synagogue (Shanghai Jewish Refugee Museum)
Located on the estuary of the Yangtze River, Shanghai is the largest city as a center of economy, commerce and finance in mainland China. Shanghai is an international metropolis, as well as a rising tourist city combined with rich urban culture and various historical sites. It is the host city of the 2010 World Expo.
Shanghai's rapid development was started in the mid-19th century after the Treaty of Nanking was signed by Qing-dynasty with British colonizers. Attributed to its favorable geographic location, it was one of the cities opened to foreign trade, and gradually thrived as a multinational hub of finance and business between the east and west. And because of the existence of the foreign concessions, the core area of the city was protected and survived being destroyed during the World War II. Nowadays, after intense redevelopment from time to time by the government, Shanghai is marching forward to fulfill its ambition of an international finance and shipping center.
As a tourist destination, the city has many historical and cultural landmarks: the Bund, Yuyuan Garden, Xintiandi, French Concession and the modern wonders: Oriental Pearl Tower, World Finance Center, Maglev Train… what's more, a variety of western-style architectures rooted along the Huangpu River complete this city's identity as an embodiment of the past and future. All these tourist attractions may give the visitors a joyful experience.
The city is an integration of sophisticated culture and rapid advancement. Colorful leisure and recreational activities are symbols of this modern metropolis, as well as a reflection of its great charm. Have a stroll around Nanjing Road Pedestrian Mall, take a bird's eye view on the highest level of the Shanghai World Financial Center, have a close look at the precious ancient collections in the Shanghai Museum, and drink a cup of coffee in a traditional "stone gate" house in Xintiandi, one may seek out the surprises and inner beauty this city contains.
Given the nickname "Paris of the east", Shanghai usually hosts various upscale fashionable events such as the international model contest, fashion shows, film festivals, etc. which attract millions of fashion-seeking visitors. Cultural relics, local delicacies, shopping malls, night clubs… let you enjoy yourself so much as to forget to leave.
- Air quality: ★★★☆☆
- Foreigner-friendly degree: ★★★★★
- Public security degree: ★★★★☆
- Hygienic degree: ★★★★☆
- Traffic jam degree: ★★★★★
- Internationalization level: ★★★★★
- Consumption level: ★★★★★
- Language: Mandarin, Shanghainese (Wu Chinese)
- Best traveling season: Mar. Apr. May. Sep. Oct. Nov.
- Tourist resources: historic relics, shopping, cityscape
- Pudong airport to Downtown: 40-50km
- Hongqiao airport to Downtown: 13km
- Demographics: Han (99.38%)
- Key words: foreign concession, commercial, metropolitan, traditional garden, Shanghai Cuisine.
Local Delicacies: Mitten Crab (Dazhaxie大闸蟹), Stir-Fried Shrimps (Youbaoxia油爆虾), Eight-Treasure Delicious Duck (Babaoya八宝鸭), Crab Meat & Bean Curd (Xiefen Doufu蟹粉豆腐), Eight Treasures in Hot Sauce (Babao Lajiang八宝辣酱), Braised Eel with Brown Sauce (Hongshao Heman红烧河鳗).
Local Specialities: Town God's Temple Cream Sugar (Chenghuangmiao Ligaotang城隍庙梨膏糖), Shanghai Gaoqiao Muffin (Shanghai Gaoqiao Songbing上海高桥松饼), Shanghai Woollen Embroidery (Shanghai Rongxiu上海绒绣), Clay Sculpture Pottery Figurine (Nisu Taoyong泥塑陶俑), Silk Collage (Choubu Tiehua绸布贴画), Shanghai Silk (Shanghai Sichou上海丝绸), Shanghai Sculpture (Shanghai Diaoke上海雕刻).
- ·There are two airports in Shanghai-- Pudong Airport about 50 km away from the city and Hongqiao Airport in the city.
- ·It is not so hard to find washrooms in Shanghai. Actually there are some free-charged restrooms at places such as big department store, KFC, Mcdonald's, hospitals and so on. There are also clean pay toilets in some main scenic areas and underground stations.
- 火警 Fire Alarm
- 报警服务台 Police Service Center
- 医疗急救台 First Aid
- 消费投诉 Consumer Complaints
- 旅游投诉 Tourism Complaints
- 021- 64393615
- 查号台 Information Directory Desk
- 全天气象信息查询电话 Meteorological Information Inquiry
- 邮编查询 Post Code Inquiry
- 虹桥机场航班问讯 Hongqiao Airline Schedule Inquiry Service
- 021 -62688918
- 浦东机场航班问讯 Pudong Airline Schedule Inquiry Service
- 铁路上海站问讯 Shanghai Railway Station Info Service
- 上海南站问讯 Shanghai South Railway Station Info Service
- 地铁问讯 Subway Inquiry
- 公交指路热线 Public Transport Service