Win a coupon
Your opinion is vital for us to improve our service and further to offer you an excellent China trip. Now, your golden ideas are needed and they may earn you a coupon. Join us for your chance to win a prize!
With your green fingers make an easy but visible difference to the environment along your trip way
Urumqi, as an important town of the ancient Silk Road, is a big city and serves as a communication core in northwestern China. The mystery-shrouded snow mountain, glaciers, grassland, lake scenery and colorful minority customs can be expected here by visitors.
- Air quality: ★★☆☆☆
- Foreigner-friendly degree: ★★★☆☆
- Public security degree: ★★☆☆☆
- Hygienic degree: ★★★☆☆
- Traffic jam degree: ★★★☆☆
- Internationalization level: ★★☆☆☆
- Consumption level: ★★★★☆
- Language: Uyghur, Mandarin
- Best traveling season: Aug. Sep.
- Tourist resources: natural landscape, local traditional architectures, minority custom, cityscape
- Airport to downtown: 16km
- Demographics: Han (45%), Uighur (45%), other minority groups (10%)
- Key words: Silk Road, Uyghur, food, fruits, horse race, desert, large temperature difference, camel.
Local Delicacies: Islam Zhuafan (Shouzhuafan手抓饭), Crusty Pancake (Nang馕), Roast Whole Lamb (Kao Quanyang烤全羊), Roast Stuffed Bun (Kao Baozi烤包子), Acidophilus Milk (Suannaizi酸奶子), Youtazi Noodle (Youtazi油塔子), Latiaozi Noodle (La Tiaozi拉条子), Stewed Noodles (Huimian烩面), Stewed Mutton (Dun Yangrou炖羊肉), The Big Dish in Xinjiang Chicken (Dapanji新疆大盘鸡), Finger Mutton (Shouzhua Yangrou手抓羊肉).
Local Specialities: National Costume (Minzu Fushi民族服饰), Felt Cap (Zhan Mao毡帽), Plucked Stringed Instrument (Dongbula冬不拉), Dried Fruit (Ganguo干果), Tianshan Mountain Snow Lotus (Tianshan Xuelian天山雪莲), Raisin (Putaogan葡萄干), Wine (Putaojiu葡萄酒), the Turfan Basin Hami Melon (Tulufan Hamigua吐鲁番哈密瓜), The Korla Fragrant Pear (Kuerle Xiangli库尔勒香梨), Urumqi Jade Carving (Wulumuqi Yudiao乌鲁木齐玉雕), Hetian Jade (Hetian Yu和田玉), Xinjiang Carpets (Xinjiang Ditan新疆地毯), Knitted Sweater (Yangmaoshan羊毛衫), Yili Special Liquor (Yili Tequ伊犁特曲).
- ·It's 2 hours late than the Beijing Time, therefore people here usually go on duty at 10 am, have lunch at 2 pm, and have dinner at 8 to 9 pm.
- ·Local people usually use unit of kilo but not Chinese Jin (half kilo) here.
- ·It's a great joy to have various fruits here, but please don't drink hot tea after taking fruits to avoid diarrhea.
- ·Since it would take lots of time on the bus, usually tourists need a pair of comfortable shoes when they want to try walking or riding horse or riding camel.
- 乌鲁木齐旅游服务电话 Urumqi Tourist Information Service
- 新疆天气预报 Xinjiang Weather Forecast